Experienced, Compassionate and Effective Advocacy

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » Motor Vehicle Accidents FAQ

Common Questions Regarding Motor Vehicle Accidents

At Bowen Ten Long & Bal, PC, we have over 125 years of combined legal experience. This knowledge has been used to help countless victims throughout Virginia who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents. If you or a loved one has been injured, trust a firm that has a compassionate yet aggressive team. With lawyers from all walks of life, we work together to find the best possible solution for our clients across Virginia. We can answer all of your questions and help you move forward.

After reading through the list of frequently asked questions below, call our office in Richmond at 804-767-6850 to discuss the specifics of your own case. You can also schedule a consultation by filling out our contact form. Do you live outside of the Richmond metro? You can schedule a remote consultation with us at any time.

What if I was partially responsible for my accident?

Virginia follows the laws of contributory negligence. This means that if you were in a motorcycle accident, car accident or truck accident, and are partly at fault, you cannot recover any damages. This is why it is crucial that you speak with a knowledgeable lawyer. We can look at the specifics of your case and give you an honest assessment.

What type of compensation am I entitled to?

Our firm aims to get the maximum payment for our clients. This can be used for medical costs, lost wages, pain, property damage, future medical bills and rehabilitation treatment. If you have Med-Pay on your auto insurance, these funds may be immediately accessible following your accident.

The other driver’s insurance company called me. What should I do?

Do not talk to them without first speaking to a lawyer. Insurance companies try to settle cases quickly and often offer a settlement that is far less than you deserve. It is in your best interest to discuss your case with a lawyer before talking with them. If you are worried about taking your case to court, it is possible for you to settle your injury case outside of court and still seek the compensation you deserve. However, this can depend on the circumstances. Speak with one of our lawyers to learn more.

Do I need an attorney?

While it is possible to handle your case on your own, it is not a good idea. Our team is comprised of dedicated personal injury attorneys who will do everything they can to help. We understand all areas of the law. Use this to your advantage. We take cases across the state of Virginia, so no matter who you are or what part of the state you reside in, we’re here to help.

How long do I have to report my case?

If you are seeking compensation, you have to file a claim within two years of the date of your accident. While this may seem like a long time, it moves faster than you may think. Plus, it is easier to gain evidence and talk to witnesses when things are still fresh. It is a good idea to talk with a lawyer and discuss your options sooner rather than later. We help car accident victims no matter where they live in Virginia. Call us today at 804-767-6850