Law Firm Receptionist
Full-Time Front Office Receptionist needed for busy Family Law Firm. We are looking for a dedicated professional who is a team player with strong attention to detail. Hospitality mindset a must. This position supports the firm’s clients, attorneys, and staff Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
This position is responsible for receiving and directing visitors, clients, and vendors to appropriate locations and parties. Notifies personnel of visitor arrival. Performs new client conflict checks. Operates very busy telephone switchboard. Oversees conference room readiness. Assists with various administrative duties as needed. This is a full time job and reliable transportation is needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Answer, assist and direct all incoming telephone calls to appropriate parties in a professional, polite, and courteous manner.
- Responsible for opening and closing the office, key-holder
- Greet clients, escort them to conference rooms.
- Receives payments via the telephone and in-person
- Applies money to client trust account.
- Cuts checks and posts payables to client accounts
- Reliable transportation too and from the office
- Perform client conflict checks and communicate results to the firm
- Observe business etiquette and maintain a professional appearance
- Direct flow of mail, faxes, and deliveries to reach the intended recipients
- Prepare client intake packages, review for client accuracy, follow up with any missing/incorrect information
- Set up and cleanup of client meetings
- Assist with copying, scanning, faxing, and emailing
- Monitor break room supply inventory
- Maintain law firm library and coordinate book subscriptions via Excel
- Maintain off premises paper file inventory
- Reserve conference rooms for meetings
- Ensure conference rooms are organized and tidy in advance of meetings
- Provide additional administrative support when needed
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Two years of reception experience (or equivalent customer-related ability)
- Prior law firm experience, especially family law a plus
- Prior administrative office experience
- Proficient with multi-line phone system
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of firm management programs (TABs and Practicemaster) a plus
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Confidentiality and discretion is MANDATORY
- The ability to do all of the above in a polite, professional matter
Please submit your resume to [email protected].