Current Job Postings At Bowen Ten Long & Bal, PC
Family Law Litigation Paralegal
Bowen Ten Long & Bal, PC is a busy family law and general litigation practice in Richmond, VA. We are seeking an experienced Family Law Litigation Paralegal to join our practice at our Hanover Courthouse location. This is a full-time position. This individual will support one attorney in the area of family law. Previous law firm experience working in family law is required. Applicants without relevant family law experience will not be considered. Other required experience includes:
- Performing duties utilizing legal terminology, procedures, and documents
- Preparing legal papers, pleadings, and correspondence, such as transmittal letters, summonses, complaints, motions, discovery and subpoenas.
- Coordinating and managing routine administrative work, such as opening matters, maintaining electronic and physical files, scheduling meetings and court appearances, managing deadlines, proofreading client bills, and time and data entry.
- Manage files in various stages of litigation including assisting with trial preparation
- Conduct client intake interviews and assist clients via phone and e- mail
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and writing skills
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks, manage competing and last-minute deadlines and assist clients via phone and email while maintaining a positive professional attitude
- At least 3-5 years of family law litigation legal experience preferred.
- Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, and Adobe.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills as this position involves a great deal of client contact as well as frequent drafting and word processing functions.
- Experience with Practice Master and TABS III or other practice management and time keeping software as well as LEXIS Advanced for legal research.
Please submit your resume to [email protected].
Bowen Ten Long & Bal, PC, offers health insurance to full-time employees as mandated by the Affordable Care Act (ACA) through Anthem®. This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.