Aileen F. Lang
Aileen F. Lang
- Family Law
The focus of my practice is family law as well as other civil litigation. I represent clients in complex custody and visitation cases, child support cases and divorces, which include contested property issues and spousal support. I represent parties seeking to enforce and modify orders concerning custody, visitation and support. In addition to being experienced in the courtroom, I have extensive experience negotiating settlements that are fair to the parties and families I represent.
I also serve the area courts as a certified Guardian ad litem for children. In this role, I am appointed by courts in Caroline, Henrico and Hanover Counties to represent the interests of children in cases involving abuse, neglect and contested custody and visitation.
I came to the practice of law as a second career. My experience as a former Kindergarten teacher helps me relate to the children I am asked to represent as a Guardian ad litem. As a divorced parent and now step-parent, I understand the financial and emotional challenges which can arise in this area of the law, as well as the demands of co-parenting and blended families. I am a strong advocate of "sparing the children" and I am committed to creative problem solving which allows my clients to move forward in a positive way.
I am a graduate of the University of Mary Washington and the T. C. Williams School of Law of the University of Richmond. I was admitted to the Virginia State Bar in 2000.
- University of Richmond, The T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia
- J.D. - 2000
- Honors: Family Law Award
- University of Mary Washington, Fredericksburg
- B.S. - 1981
- Major: Biology & Geography
- Virginia, 2000
- Virginia State Bar, Member
- Metropolitan Richmond Family Law Bar, Member
- Metro Richmond Women’s Bar Association, Member
- Henrico County Bar Association, Member
- Hanover County Bar Association, Member
Current Employment Position
- Hall & Hall, Associate Attorney, 2000 to 2001
- Bowen Champlin Foreman & Rockecharlie, Associate Attorney, 2001 to 2014
- Harrell & Harrell , 272 Va 652, 2006, Virginia Supreme Court
- Didio v. Didio, 2007 Va. App. LEXIS 453, 2007, Virginia Court of Appeals