Jacqueline W. Critzer (Sharman)
Jacqueline W. Critzer (Sharman)
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Creditors Rights
- Family Law
- Property Settlement Agreements
- Spousal/Child Support Modification
- Complex Divorce
I represent clients in a variety of legal areas. I regularly represent clients all over the Richmond area and I often travel as far east as Virginia Beach, as far north as Spotsylvania, as far west as Charlottesville and as far South as Dinwiddie. I assist clients with obtaining and defending protective orders, uncontested and contested divorce, spousal support, child custody, visitation and support, pre-nuptial agreements, property settlement agreements, Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy, criminal defense, business formation and dissolution and general civil litigation.
Separation and divorce are emotionally significant events. I understand the roller coaster of emotions that accompany this time in your life. I can help you navigate the turbulent storms of separation, divorce and custody. I recognize that children often suffer in a divorce and I am sensitive to the extraordinary challenges of families with children.
Consumer bankruptcy practice is another significant part of my law practice. I instruct other attorneys on how to prepare their family law cases when bankruptcy looms on the horizon. I represent debtors in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies. My background in practicing family law brings a unique perspective to my bankruptcy cases as they often end up crossing paths. I know that choosing to file bankruptcy is an important and critical decision and I carefully review the entire bankruptcy process with my clients. In many cases I can help you stop a garnishment, stop a foreclosure, and stop a repossession.
I am raising a family of my own and am actively involved in our community. I volunteer with Safe Harbor, the USO and Fort Lee’s 16th Ordnance Battalion. I speak to survivors of domestic and sexual assault and active duty military about the epidemic of worldwide human trafficking and its impact in Virginia and abroad. I also work with God’s Pit Crew; a first response organization that sends rescue and rebuilding efforts worldwide.
- Regent University School of Law, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- J.D. - 2005
- Honors: Moot Court
- Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- B.S. - 2001
- Major: International Business
- Virginia, 2005
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Virginia, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2015
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Virginia, 2016
- Metro Richmond Women's Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2005 to 2012
- Virginia Bar Association, 2005 to Present
- Richmond Bar Association, Bankruptcy Division, 2014 to Present
- Henrico Bar Association, 2014 to Present
- Metro Richmond Family Law Bar Association Member, Secretary (2017-18) & Vice President (2018-19), 2011 to Present
- Member of Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, 2020 to 2021
Current Employment Position
- Pagano & Associates, P.C., Attorney Associate, 2005 to 2011
- Coates & Davenport, P.C., Attorney Associates, 2011 to 2014