Jamie L. Allgood
- Family Law 90%
- Estate Planning 5%
- Guardianship 5%
While in law school I decided to focus my practice on family law. I wanted to be an advocate for people who needed help with whatever devastating life crisis they were dealing with, and family law was it. I partner with my clients to formulate a legal strategy that achieves their goals in the most efficient and practical way possible. I am a skilled negotiator and an effective litigator, utilizing both of these tactics as needed. My legal practice has grown to include estate planning, probate, and estate litigation.
I graduated from Christopher Newport University with a B.A. in Political Science, and I graduated from Regent University School of Law. I am admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
I began practicing law in Hampton Roads, working for a boutique family law firm. My husband's side of the family is from Hanover County, so we were delighted when a wonderful job opportunity for him brought us home to the Richmond area years ago.
My weekends are spent enjoying my sweet husband and three children, our Holland Lop bunnies, and planning for my next race.
- Regent University School of Law, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- J.D. - 2012
- Christopher Newport University
- B.A. - 2009
- Major: Political Science
- Virginia, 2012
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2021-2023
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys-10 Best Attorneys, 2017-2018
- Attorney and Practice Magazine's Top 10 Family Law Attorney, 2017-2018
- Metro Richmond Women's Bar Association, Member, 2016 to Present
- Richmond Bar Association, Member, 2016 to Present
- Virginia Trial Lawyer's Association, Member, 2017 to Present
- Henrico Bar Association, Member, 2018 to Present
- Hanover Bar Association, Member, 2018 to Present
- Lead Church Sunday School Class, 2017 to Present
- Forward Foundation Board of Directors, 2018 to the present-currently serving as Chair